This Summer Fruit Salad with Honey and Vanilla is simple and sweet! A fresh fruit salad mixed with honey and vanilla, then topped with creamy yogurt and crunchy granola.
Fruit for dessert – are we into this?
I’m afraid I have a very narrow, American view of what constitutes dessert. Cookies, cakes, and brownies will always hit the mark. But fruit, pudding, or those weird poached eggs they keep making on The Great British Baking Show? Ummm, no.
Still, you might consider this Summer Fruit Salad with Honey and Vanilla dessert, or better yet a side to enjoy at a picnic or backyard barbecue. And let’s not forget breakfast! If you have a morning sweet tooth it doesn’t get much better than a healthy, hearty serving of fresh fruit salad before you roll into your day.
This Summer Fruit Salad is super sweet, which might even push it into the dessert category for me. Ripe summer fruit, raw honey, and the sweet smell of vanilla are all at the top of their game here. I like to top it with tangy Greek yogurt, my favorite granola, and maybe an extra drizzle of honey.
How do I make fresh fruit salad?
- Slice any large fruits and add them to a bowl
- Add honey and vanilla
- Stir to combine
- Top with yogurt and granola if desired
What fruits go well together in a fruit salad?
I like a summery combination of peaches, nectarines, and blueberries. See the tips below for more fresh fruit ideas if these aren’t in season.
How long can you keep fresh fruit salad in the fridge?
Serve your fresh fruit salad immediately, or cover and transfer to the refrigerator until ready to serve. Because of the delicate nature of peaches and nectarines it is best enjoyed the same day it is made, but will keep refrigerated for up to three days.
This Summer Fruit Salad with Honey and Vanilla is fun to customize! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use whatever fresh fruit is ripe and delicious such as apples, pomegranate seeds, kiwi, or strawberry to enjoy this any time of year
- Use gluten-free granola or leave it off for a gluten-free treat
- If you’re vegan consider skipping the yogurt and leaving off the honey or trying maple syrup
- Use this as a topping for pound cake or angel fruit cake
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email.
Summer Fruit Salad with Honey and Vanilla
- 1 nectarine
- 1 peach
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Plain whole milk Greek yogurt, optional
- Granola, optional
- Cut the nectarine and peach in half and remove the pits. Slice each half into three or four slices, then cut each slice into five or six chunks. Add the cut fruit and blueberries to a medium size bowl. Add the honey and vanilla extract and gently stir to combine. Serve as-is or top with a dollop of Greek yogurt and a sprinkling of granola.