This Pumpkin Gingerbread Loaf is sweet and spicy. The soft bread pairs perfectly with a crunchy Turbinado sugar topping.
You might be saying, “But Lindsay, I don’t need another pumpkin bread recipe!”
To that I say, “Oh yah you do!” in my painfully natural midwest accent.
You need another pumpkin bread recipe because this isn’t just any pumpkin bread – it’s pumpkin gingerbread! Fa la la la la and welcome to November.
I am not in any way condoning getting into the holidays this early. I just know you and your love for all things pumpkin spice and oh hey, it might be my five year blogiversary too. All that together equals a need for the perfect pumpkin bread that’s both soft and crunchy, sweet and spicy.
I feel like we might be glossing over the fact that I’ve been blogging for five years. Even if this never becomes the most popular food blog on the planet I appreciate you being here and love sharing my favorite foods with you. I hope you know you can trust that when I share a recipe with you I have tested it many times, eaten it to excess, and loved every crumb of it. So it goes with this pumpkin gingerbread loaf.
Before I get all teary telling you how much I love you, let me introduce you to my little friend (affiliate link) turbinado sugar.
It’s big, flashy, and super yummy. My kids call it “candy nuts” because the crystals are so big and crunchy. This is your secret weapon to a killer quick bread. I got the idea from my local food co-op that seasonally sells the most deliciously spicy pumpkin gingerbread loaf topped with these crunchy sweet sugar crystals. Why would I spend $4 on a teeny tiny loaf when I can have it warm from the oven at a fraction of the cost? That’s a no-brainer.
Thanks again for being here. If I could send you all a loaf of this bread I would.
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email. This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I receive a small commission, which allows me to continue creating recipes for you. Thank you for supporting me in this way!
Pumpkin Gingerbread Loaf
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup butter, 1 stick, melted
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, melted butter, brown sugar, molasses, eggs, and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir with a wooden spoon or rubber scraper until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake 40 minutes, remove from the oven and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar. Return to the oven and bake another 10-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool ten minutes before inverting the loaf and allowing it to cool completely on a rack.