Mini pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are the best way to enjoy pumpkin season! Tender muffins are studded with melty chocolate to make an irresistible breakfast, dessert, or snack!
I know, I know, I know.
I just shared pumpkin chocolate chip bars with you and now you’re asking, what’s the difference between those and these pumpkin chocolate chip muffins?
The answer is: It is socially acceptable to eat pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for breakfast.
It’s autumn, and pumpkin is the Miley Cyrus of the food world right now. It keeps showing up places it shouldn’t be and twerking so darn hard just to get noticed. You don’t need to try so hard pumpkin! You’re awesome when used in all the right places.
These little two-bite muffins are outrageously moist and fluffy. I love how they keep the chocolate perfectly soft at room temperature. The mini factor means you can eat two… three… maybe lose count and forget about it.
Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ⅔ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree, (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 stick unsalted butter,, melted
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate,, chopped
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line 48 mini muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine eggs, pumpkin, and butter. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add chopped chocolate and chocolate chips and pulse the mixer a few times to incorporate.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (I like to use a little cookie scoop) and bake 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Muffins are best on the day they are made but can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.