This Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Panini takes grilled cheese to a whole new level!
I just spent a week without my computer and my life is all turned upside down.
Long story short, I discovered a bad motherboard on my computer last Friday morning. Since the computer had a number of other problems going on I decided to go with a new to me computer instead of paying to fix the broken one.
I didn’t get the new one until late Wednesday night, which left me with lots of free time that I would normally devote to blogging.
By Monday morning I was beginning to think people actually existed outside of the internet. On Tuesday I experienced sunshine for the first time.
I actually spent six hours wondering why this one spot on my chest was so itchy and red. Was I allergic to something at the park where I had taken the kids that morning? Was I wearing my hair in a new and irritating way?
No, no, it was a sunburn. On Wednesday I began several home improvement projects with the intention of finishing them before I ever picked up a computer again (I didn’t).
Now that I’m back on the electronic bandwagon I can’t help but wonder how I’ll ever get anything done in the real world. I think it’s gonna be good though, because, dang, my feet are tired from doing physical work through nap time.
Don’t think for one second that I’m making too much of an idol out of my new computer. When I opened it up at breakfast Lola immediately dripped cereal milk between the keys and I was given the opportunity to prove who I love more.
This sun dried tomato pesto panini is totally worthy of being the first post in a week. Melty, Cheesy. Tangy. Savory.
If I were stuck on a dessert island and could only have one thing it would probably be a book on survival, but if I were coming home from being on a dessert island I would want twenty five of these sandwiches piled up waiting for me. Take note.
I’m totally obsessed with this pesto. I want to put it on everything and it’s mother. That is an affiliate link, but I’m definitely not being paid to say that. If you want to use another brand or even type of pesto, go for it. This sandwich is really pretty fool proof and amazing.
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Panini
- 2 slices whole grain bread, (I like Market Pantry brand)
- 1-2 tablespoons sun dried tomato pesto
- 2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 3 tomato slices
- 3-4 slices fresh mozzarella
- Preheat a griddle or panini press to high. Spray it lightly with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Spread one slice of bread with the pesto, then sprinkle with pine nuts and top with tomato slices and fresh mozzarella. Top with the other slice of bread, place the whole sandwich on the hot grill, and close the top. Grill 3-4 minutes or until browned and crisp on the outside and melty on the inside. Remove from the grill and let rest a few seconds before cutting and serving.