Avocado Chimichurri Dip is a zesty and unusual dip that’s sure to be a hit at your next party! It’s made with avocados, herbs, and garlic, and is as easy to make as guacamole!
Are you familiar with chimichurri?
This zesty sauce is often found on grilled meats, eggs, vegetables, or bread. Once you try it you really can’t stop because it takes pretty much anything to the next level.
Since it tastes so amazing, I went looking for an excuse to eat it almost all by itself. Enter Avocado Chimichurri Dip.
This dip is everything you love about chimichurri blended with creamy avocado and enjoyed with your favorite chips (affiliate link –> or my favorite chips, if we’re being honest and you want to do it right). The raw garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes give a little heat while the fresh herbs and lemon juice make everything bright.
How to get ripe avocados
I wrote a whole post about how to ripen avocados so they turn out perfect every time, but basically you want to buy them rock hard, then keep them in a brown paper bag for a few days until they give to gentle pressure. If you’re buying soft avocados at the store they’ll probably be stringy and brown. No good!
Tips for customizing
- Spread on top of grilled salmon, chicken, or steak
- Toss with a simple tofu recipe and veggies
- Double the shallot and crushed red pepper flakes for a really spicy bite
- Use as a topping on fish tacos
- Thin out with a little extra oil and use as a salad dressing for a vegan salad
- Spread on toast and top with feta cheese for a light lunch
- Skip the food processor and just chop all the ingredients for a chunkier dip
- Toss with roasted potatoes for an unusual twist on potato salad
I realized the other day that I’m mostly sharing green recipes this month, and I’m not. even. sorry. The sun is out and I’m alive and eating all the green things! Starting with mountains of avocado chimichurri chip dip. Because it is everything. Get on it!
If you make this, be sure to leave a comment, rate it, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Avocado Chimichurri Chip Dip
- 1 1/2 cups fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, place all ingredients. Pulse until everything is well chopped, then let the motor run until a chunky sauce has formed, scraping down the sides as needed. Transfer to a bowl and serve with chips, or as desired.