You won’t miss the meat in this creamy vegetarian buffalo dip, made with jackfruit for the best taste and texture! There’s no chicken in this hot vegetarian dip, making it perfect for a meatless game day or party appetizer!
Vegetarian buffalo dip is the coziest hot vegetarian dip you could imagine.
There’s tons of cheese (hello, cheese is life), hot sauce, a bit of ranch dressing, and jackfruit to mimic the taste and texture of chicken. This is so easy to throw together and was a huge crowd pleaser when I made it for the super bowl.
We’ve swapped jackfruit in place of chicken before with my jackfruit tortilla soup and biscuit topped vegetarian pot pie. The texture similarities are unbelievable. I’ve served all three of these recipes to plenty of meat eaters who would have had no idea they weren’t eating chicken if I hadn’t told them.
Texture is the number one reason I love using jackfruit in this dip instead of cauliflower or beans. I can usually find a can of jackfruit in the natural foods section of my grocery store, so don’t be intimidated by this exotic fruit.
Be sure to purchase a can that’s packed in water or brine, not syrup (affiliate link to my favorite, I like Native Forest), and rinse under cold water before using in the recipe. I also press the chunks between my fingers and thumb in order to get that nice shredded chicken texture.
How to make vegetarian buffalo dip
Make sure your cream cheese is nice and soft so you can combine it with the ranch dressing and hot sauce (I like Frank’s Red Hot). I like to use a hand mixer, but a big spoon and some hard work will also do the job.
Next, mix in the jackfruit, shredded cheese, and green onions. Then, bake until hot. It’s that easy!
Can you make no chicken buffalo dip in a crockpot?
Yes! Mix everything up as instructed in the crockpot and heat on low for 1-2 hours.
Tips for customizing:
- Use more or less hot sauce to taste
- Experiment with different types of hot sauce
- Blue cheese is optional – mix it in, toss it on top after baking, the choice is yours!
- Sprinkle the top with additional shredded cheese, then broil in the last few minutes of baking for a crisp cheesy crust
- Use as a spread for a veggie sandwich
- Swap the jackfruit for cooked cauliflower or canned white beans, rinsed and drained
More vegetarian dip recipes
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Vegetarian Buffalo Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 14 ounces canned jackfruit in water or brine, rinsed and drained, then pressed between your fingers to break it apart
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese, optional
- Tortilla Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Coat a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, hot sauce, and ranch dressing with a spoon or hand mixer until smooth.
- Add the jackfruit, cheddar cheese, green onion, and blue cheese if using and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and smooth out. Bake 25-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and serve warm sprinkled with additional blue cheese and chopped green onion if desired, alongside celery and tortilla chips for dipping.