This recipe for Sweet Potato Wedges with Spicy Honey Mustard Avocado Dip is sponsored by BRIANNAS Fine Salad Dressings. As always, all opinions are my own.
Excuse me while I lay down with a plate of sweet potatoes.
I’ve decided to go full hygge this year and I’m starting early to ward off the winter blues. I’ve already surrounded myself with candles and I might just pull out the white Christmas lights and blanket my house in them soon because seriously, does it get this dark so early every year??
Sweet potatoes also mean total comfort to me. They’re soft and warm, but still healthy and full of feel-good-goodness. I like to roast them so that the outside gets crisp and caramelized while the inside stays creamy and soft.
Let’s not let the sweet potatoes take all the credit here. They just wouldn’t be the same without this versatile spicy avocado dip.
It starts with one perfectly ripe avocado, goes up a notch with the addition of BRIANNAS luscious Dijon Honey Mustard dressing, and gets treated with just the right amount of spice. I’ve been a fan of BRIANNAS dressings since my deli days because of their high quality and robust flavors, and it’s the only dressing I ever use in my Caesar Pasta Salad that copycats one of my favorite deli recipes.
Left as is, this spicy honey mustard avocado dip can sit nestled between your sweet potato wedges for everyone to enjoy. Another option is to thin it out a bit with some water and drizzle over plated fries for more of a fork-and-knife experience.
These sweet potato wedges with spicy honey mustard avocado dip can be easily customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Enjoy the dip with your favorite chips, fries, or roasted potatoes
- Thin the dip with water and use as a dressing on my Roasted Sweet Potato and Kale Salad or High Protein Vegan Salad
- Season the sweet potatoes with an additional sprinkling of cayenne pepper before roasting for extra spice
- Serve over brown rice with roasted chickpeas for a full gluten-free meal
- Cut the wedges smaller to make more traditional sweet potato fries and watch closely as they can burn quickly
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Sweet Potato Wedges with Spicy Honey Mustard Avocado Dip
- 2-4 small sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons BRIANNAS Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
- Cut sweet potatoes into wedges that are roughly the same size and place in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, then rub to coat completely. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp on the outside, turning every ten minutes or so.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, start to make the dip by mashing the avocado. If you want it completely creamy you can use a small food processor or emulsion blender. Add the dijon honey mustard dressing, cayenne pepper, and a pinch each of smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Serve baked sweet potatoes with spicy honey mustard avocado for dipping, or thin the dip with water and drizzle over the sweet potatoes.