Taco Dip is an easy, flavorful dip that will disappear at every party!
Say hello to everyone’s favorite party dip.
This taco dip is a must have at my house around the holidays. It’s easy, flavorful, and oh so fun to eat after you’ve had a little to drink.
I’m not a mayo fan, so you won’t find me willingly putting mayonnaise in any of my recipes. So while my mom would probably swear by a good glug of mayo here, I’m proud to announce that this is mayo free taco dip!
How do you make taco dip?
I like to use simple ingredients. Cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning (you could use a packaged seasoning if homemade taco seasoning isn’t your style), lettuce, tomato, and cheese. That’s it! It’s kind of magical and maybe a little Midwestern.
Some people might think taco dip consists of seven or more layers of beans, guacamole, and whatnot, but this is the very basic, always awesome version that can be found in any grocery store around my house. The great thing is that it’s so easy to make that I really never have to buy it pre-made.
This Taco Dip can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add more or less taco seasoning to suit your taste
- Add sliced black olives to the toppings
- Add sliced jalapenos to the toppings
- Use mayo instead of sour cream if you’re gross (just kidding, but really…)
- Use as a topping for baked tacos for a real treat of a meal
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the sour cream and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and combine on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the taco seasoning and mix until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Spread the mixture on a large plate or platter and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and any other toppings you desire. Serve with tortilla chips.