Taco Dip is an easy, flavorful dip that will disappear at every party! Made without mayo, it uses sour cream and cream cheese to create a tangy snack.
Say hello to everyone’s favorite party dip.
This taco dip is a must have at my house around the holidays. It’s easy, flavorful, and oh so fun to eat after you’ve had a little to drink.
I’m not a mayonnaise fan, so you probably won’t find me putting mayonnaise in any of my recipes. While my mom would probably swear by a good dallop of mayo here, I’m proud to announce that this is mayo free taco dip!
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Taco seasoning
How do you make taco dip?
- Place sour cream and cream cheese in a bowl or stand mixer and stir to combine.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir until incorporated.
- Spread the mixture on a large plate or small platter.
- Top with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
Top tips and questions
What makes this the best taco dip?
I like to use simple ingredients. Cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning (you could use a packaged seasoning if homemade taco seasoning isn’t your style), lettuce, tomato, and cheese. That’s it! It’s kind of magical and maybe a little Midwestern.
Some people might think a taco dip recipe should have seven or more layers of beans, guacamole, and whatnot, but this is the very basic, always awesome version that can be found in any grocery store near my house. The great thing is that it’s so easy to make that I really never have to buy it pre-made.
How to make homemade taco seasoning
It’s totally fine to save time by purchasing a packet of taco seasoning at the store. For the best flavor though, I recommend using my healthy taco seasoning.
You’ll need chili powder, smoked paprika, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, and salt.
Tips for customizing taco dip
- Add more or less taco seasoning to suit your taste
- Add sliced black olives to the toppings
- Add sliced jalapenos to the toppings
- Use mayo instead of sour cream
- Use as a topping for baked tacos for a real treat of a meal
More dip recipes
- Avocado Chimichurri Chip Dip
- Mango Avocado Salsa
- Spicy Honey Mustard Avocado Dip
- White Bean Dip
- Vegetarian Buffalo Dip
- Healthy Guacamole
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
- Place the sour cream and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and combine on medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the taco seasoning and mix until well incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Spread the mixture on a large plate or platter and top with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and any other toppings you desire. Serve with tortilla chips.