This Mango Avocado Salsa is a fresh and healthy dip that you’ll want to eat all summer! Chunks of juicy mango pair so well with creamy avocado and spicy jalapeno to make this flavorful salsa that’s perfect for tacos, dipping, and more.
Bring on the summer color.
I’m always a little sad to say goodbye to warm, heavy winter meals like casseroles and stuffed shells. Still, I can get really excited about the colorful summer produce that will soon be available to me.
Remember this rainbow feta flatbread? OMG so much color!
Maybe you know that (natural) color = nutrients. And that’s so exciting!
Buuuuut, I also think color = flavor. And texture. And summertime happiness.
The yellow/orange of this mango means plenty of Vitamin C, beta-carotene, and antioxidants. Ripe mangos are also juicy, sweet, and pair well with so many flavors.
- Red onion
- Olive oil
How to make mango avocado salsa
- Place mango, avocado, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, and salt to a bowl and stir gently to combine.
Make sure your ingredients are ripe
Nothing is better than a perfectly ripe mango and avocado, and nothing is worse than either of those before they’re ripe! They should both feel soft but not mushy when gently squeezed, kind of like room temperature butter.
How to ripen avocados
I have a whole post where I show you how to ripen avocados so they turn out perfect every time. Basically you’ll want to buy them rock hard and keep them in a brown paper bag for a few days until they give to gentle pressure.
How to store
Store your mango avocado salsa in a bowl in the refrigerator with a sheet of plastic wrap pressed against the top to help prevent browning. This recipe is best enjoyed the day it’s made, but will keep for up to 2 days.
Tips for customizing:
- Swap the diced jalapeño for one diced serrano pepper for a little extra heat
- Add a sprinkling of chili powder for extra flavor and spice
- Add one plum tomato, seeded and diced, to the mix
- If you’re not a fan of cilantro you can leave it out
- Serve with my crispy baked black bean tacos or vegetarian chorizo nachos
Mangos can be tricky if you don’t know how to choose and handle them. I like picking mangoes that are deep red and green and give a bit to gentle pressure.
If you’re looking for more information on choosing and cutting a mango (or have a love for below-par food photography), you can check out this post I wrote years ago about how to cut a mango!
Enjoy this salsa as a dip with tortilla chips, or as a topping for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, enchiladas, and more.
More dip recipes
- Taco Dip
- Avocado Chimichurri Dip
- Healthy Guacamole
- Honey Mustard Avocado Dip
- Whipped Feta Dip
- Beetroot Hummus
- Basic Hummus
- White Bean Dip
- Pico de Gallo with Avocado
- Vegetarian Buffalo Dip
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Mango Avocado Salsa
- 1 mango, skin removed and cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt, to taste
- 1 lime, juiced
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir gently to combine.