This Mango Salsa with Avocado is a fresh and healthy dip that you’ll want to eat all summer!
Bring on the summer color.
Remember this rainbow feta flatbread? OMG so much color!
Maybe you know that (natural) color = nutrients. And that’s so exciting!
Buuuuut, I also think color = flavor. And texture. And summertime happiness.
The yellow/orange of this mango means plenty of Vitamin C, beta-carotene, and antioxidants. Ripe mangos are also juicy, sweet, and pair well with so many flavors.
For a real color and flavor explosion, this mango salsa with avocado would be perfect served on top of these vegetarian chipotle enchiladas with butternut squash and black beans or my vegan tempeh tacos. We’re full of healthy ideas today!
Mangos can be tricky if you don’t know how to choose and handle them. I like picking mangoes that are deep red and green and give a bit to gentle pressure.
If you’re looking for more information on choosing and cutting a mango (or have a love for below-par food photography), you can check out this post I wrote years ago about how to cut a mango!
This mango salsa with avocado can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Swap the diced jalapeño for one diced serrano pepper for a little extra heat
- Add a sprinkling of chili powder for extra flavor and spice
- Add one plum tomato, seeded and diced, to the mix
- If you’re not a fan of cilantro you can leave it out
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
- 1 mango skin removed and cubed
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 jalapeño seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir gently to combine.