A double bean pita sandwich is an easy lunch idea that uses up leftover white bean dip and fresh, crunchy veggies!
Today’s easy lunch recipe uses up our leftovers from earlier in the week – it’s a double bean pita sandwich!
I hate wasting food, which isn’t always great as far as portion control goes, but it can be fun to find new ways to use up leftover food. This vegetarian sandwich uses up the white bean dip I made using butter beans.
You could use a regular pita and stuff all the filling in the pocket, but I love big fluffy gyro pitas that are made for piling dip and veggies on top and picking it up like a taco.
Ultimately you can use whatever kind of bread you want. This would also be killer on sourdough, whole grain, or a baguette. You are your own sandwich hero and I trust you to make bread choices!
I gave ingredient measurements so you could have nutritional info, but this is a really loose situation. Mix, match, use whatever amount you have on hand or tastes good.
This pita sandwich uses
This is so easy to pile together and take on the go for an office lunch, picnic, water park pick-me-up (my real life scenario), or school lunch! You could also serve it for dinner with some big black grapes and oven roasted rosemary potatoes.
This double bean pita sandwich can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- If you don’t have any white bean dip, use homemade or store bought hummus
- Leave the cheese off to make it vegan
- Skip the pita and use a gluten free wrap or large lettuce leaf to make it gluten free
- Use your favorite crisp summer veggies such as chopped bell peppers
Looking for more sandwich recipes?
- The Best Veggie Sandwich
- Chik’n Caesar Wraps
- Cajun Tofu Wraps
- Cheesy Hummus and Veggie Panini
- Greek Chickpea Wraps
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Double Bean Pita Sandwich
- Spread white bean dip down the middle of the pita bread. Sprinkle with spinach, roasted chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, radishes, and feta. Squeeze a little lemon juice over the top. Serve immediately or wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.