These Greek Chickpea Wraps are crunchy, tangy, and simple to make!
Chickpeas are a magical little bean.
These Greek Chickpea Wraps make an easy picnic lunch or light summer dinner. Grab a high protein, whole grain wrap (affiliate link —> to my fav) and stuff it full of crunchy chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans, fyi), fresh veggies, and some tangy toppings.
The combination of cucumbers, red onion, and roasted red pepper is so fresh and flavorful. The chickpeas add richness while the feta balances it out with saltiness.
I like to just squeeze a fresh lemon over the wrap to add that extra tanginess, and sprinkle with a few drops of red wine vinegar to really round it out.
We’ve already been on a few picnic lunches this year. I love being able to bring a healthy sandwich like this and some fruit or baby carrots to have alongside.
The kids usually get peanut butter sandwiches with banana chips or applesauce, but I’d love some fresh ideas for kids on the go! It is so hard to find something that all four kids will like.
These Greek Chickpea Wraps are easy to customize! Here are a few ideas:
- Use leftover fajita veggies in place of the fresh veggies
- Drizzle with tzatziki sauce instead of lemon juice and red wine vinegar
- Use a gluten-free wrap or serve over rice to keep it gluten-free
- Leave off the feta to make it vegan
If you make these Greek Chickpea Wraps be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Greek Chickpea Wraps
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 whole grain sandwich wraps
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes,, halved or quartered
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- ½ cup chopped jarred roasted red peppers,, drained and patted dry
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Red wine vinegar
- In a small bowl, toss the chickpeas with dried oregano.
- Lay sandwich wraps out and divide spinach, tomatoes, cucumber, roasted red peppers, onion, feta, and chickpeas evenly down the middle of each. Sprinkle with lemon juice and red wine vinegar. Roll up the bottom, fold in the sides, and continue rolling tightly until fully closed.