Five simple ingredients and five minutes are all you need for this luscious Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Dough for One!
You could say I’m really into cookie dough.
I’ve been sneaking bites out of the bowl since I was a kid. A few bites here, a few bites there, and then spread some on a finished cookie because that combo is better than the sunrise itself.
My Vegan Cookie Dough for One is the single most popular recipe on the blog, and with good reason. It tastes just like the real thing while still being free of eggs and processed sugar. I think it’s magic.
I wanted to come up with an even healthier cookie dough option, and this Vegan Peanut Butter Cookie Dough for One hit the mark. It uses creamy natural peanut butter in place of oil and has that perfect cookie dough texture.
While some people are still a little concerned about eating raw flour, I like to live on the edge. If you’re not feeling as daring as me, simply spread the flour out on a baking sheet and toast in a 350º oven for 5 minutes to kill any bacteria.
I have tried baking the dough into an actual cookie and it just isn’t as good as the raw dough itself.
This recipe couldn’t be easier, but if you’re looking to shake things up, here are a few ways to customize it!
- Use crunchy instead of creamy peanut butter
- Substitute any nut butter, such as almond or cashew (yum!) for the peanut butter
- Stir into banana ice cream for a frozen vegan treat
- Spread two graham crackers with melted chocolate, top one with the peanut butter cookie dough and crumbled bacon, then place the other graham cracker on top, chocolate side down for an over-the-top non-vegan treat
- Spread on toast
- Spread on top of pancakes
- Cover with sprinkles or mini chocolate chips
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Are you following along on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, and Instagram? If those aren’t your thing you can subscribe to The Live-In Kitchen to have new posts delivered straight to your email.
In a small bowl, stir together peanut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Add the flour and stir until combined. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Adapted from my Vegan Cookie Dough for One