This Vegan Single Serving Brownie will be your go-to treat when you want a quick and healthy chocolate brownie for one!
You guysssss, I’ve made a huge mistake.
I’m over here with my hands over my face because all these years, all these chocolatey wonderful years, I’ve been eating my vegan brownie batter for one and I NEVER TRIED TO BAKE IT.
Because, like, WHY would you bake it? Brownie batter is the best and I created that recipe specifically so I could eat some worry-free, unbaked brownie batter.
All this time I’ve been sitting on a recipe for an individual brownie that is so fudgy, so chocolatey, and still vegan and delicious. Sprinkle with a few extra mini chocolate chips and flaky salt before baking for the ultimate in chocolate desserts.
You can bake this dessert in one little ramekin. I like to enjoy it straight out of the ramekin, but if you want to take your vegan single serving brownie to work or eat it off your grandma’s china while watching Queer Eye alone on a Saturday night, you can line your ramekin with parchment to make it easier to remove.
As you can see in the video, I cut out a circle of parchment the size of the bottom of my ramekin, then one strip that would reach over both sides creating a sort of basket. Use the strip to lift out the brownie after it has cooled a bit.
If you choose to eat your brownie straight out of the ramekin, feel free to pull it out of the oven at exactly 9 minutes or a few seconds early. If you’re going to want to hold the brownie in your hand, leave it in for an extra 30-60 seconds to let it firm up a little more.
I’m always a fan of ooey gooey chocolate, so I definitely recommend the underbaked option! I mean, I’ve been eating this as raw dough for years so…
If you don’t have a ramekin (which I mean, really, who has a ramekin??) you can buy one here (affiliate link) or use any other small, oven safe bakeware. I haven’t tested this on a baking sheet, but I suspect it would spread a bit and turn into a really fudgy cookie (you may need to adjust the baking time).
This vegan single serving brownie can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Don’t bake it and just enjoy it as vegan brownie batter for one
- Add a small scoop of nut butter to the center before baking
- Serve with a scoop of coconut ice cream
- Drizzle with extra melted chocolate
- Add 1 tablespoon of chopped nuts, such as walnuts
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a ramekin with parchment paper or rub with coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla with a fork. Add cocoa powder, flour, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Continue stirring until all the dry ingredients are incorporated and the mixture has thickened slightly. Stir in 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter to the ramekin and smooth out the top. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and salt.
- Bake 9 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before enjoying. You can either remove the brownie using the parchment paper or eat it straight out of the ramekin.