This Vegan Cookie Dough for One is healthy, egg-free, and dairy-free, but still tastes and feels just like the real thing! You’ll love this single serving cookie dough for satisfying your sweet tooth without all the work.
You know you do it.
You mix up some cookies. You try to be good. But ultimately, you’re there for the dough.
You know it’s a little bit dangerous (raw eggs!!!) but one bite isn’t gonna kill you, right? And do you really know anyone who has ever gotten sick from eating cookie dough?
So… You sneak a little bit. Or a lot bit. And then you eat the cookies that just came out of the oven.
Let’s cut through the drama. Sometimes you just want edible cookie dough.
Sometimes you just want a treat without having to mix up a whole batch of cookies. Sometimes you’re pregnant (I’m not) and you really just shouldn’t be eating raw eggs.
I bring you cookie dough. Vegan cookie dough! And you’re not sharing – we’re talking edible cookie dough for one.
This is the healthiest, easiest cookie dough you’ll ever throw together in a moment of need. With only six ingredients, you might already have everything you need on hand.
Coconut oil (affiliate link) is magic. It melts in your mouth and doesn’t taste too terribly coconut-y. The temperature of the oil makes a big difference on the consistency here.
My house is pretty cold in this polar vortex, so after some good ol’ stirring it was perfect for me. If it comes out too runny for you just pop it in the fridge for a few minutes and it’ll firm right up.
I consider coconut oil a healthy fat. If you’d like to learn more about the health benefits of coconut oil I recommend reading The Coconut Oil Miracle by Bruce Fife.
Recently there have been concerns about eating raw flour. If this is a concern for you, toast the flour on a baking sheet in a 350ºF oven for 5 minutes before using.
This Vegan Cookie Dough for One can be easily customized!
People have already shared tons of adaptations in the comments, but here are a few of the highlights:
- If you want vegan peanut butter single serving cookie dough try this version
- For a baked version, try this vegan chocolate chip cookie for one or these vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Microwave the dough for 15 seconds for gooey melted chocolate cookie dough
- Swap the coconut oil for vegetable oil or melted butter (not vegan)
- Swap the maple syrup for equal amounts of brown sugar, or slightly less honey (again, not vegan) or agave
- Swap the all purpose flour for a mix of gluten free oat flour and coconut flour to make it gluten free
Some days just require cookie dough. There you go.
If you make this recipe, be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram! You’re also welcome to share a photo of your cookie dough and find other recipe ideas in our Meatless Recipes and Tips Facebook Group!
Vegan Cookie Dough for One
- In a small bowl, combine coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla with a fork. Add flour and salt and mix until well blended. Mix in chocolate chips. Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate to thicken and stiffen the dough a bit.