This Five Minute Breakfast Burrito is going to be your new go-to healthy breakfast!
The other day I took my son to the grocery store to get the monkey balloon he had been hoping for on his birthday.
I had been going back and forth on whether it would be best for me to go by myself and surprise him with it or take him with for a special adventure. I decided I would take him with, despite an ominous hail storm happening.
The whole time we were out he kept saying, “It’s just you and me mom! It’s just you and me.”
I think I don’t realize how little one on one time he (or any of my kids) get. We’re all home together all the time, but he was really enjoying being the center of attention.
Despite the pouring rain and high winds threatening to take his beloved balloon, the smile never left his face over the excitement of it just being me and him.
My husband and I try to alternate which kid gets to go with us on special adventures, but I’m going to try incorporate more one on one time into each day. I want to really be able to stop and see them for who they are and let them know I care about them.
One way to work more time into your day is to have a speedy breakfast. I love how fast this breakfast burrito comes together.
I would honestly eat it any time of day when I’m in a pinch for time or lacking groceries in the cupboard. This is made mostly of staples you can keep on hand for several weeks.
These burritos hit all the major food groups and are a great way to work more veggies into your breakfast. The addition of prepared salsa gives the burrito lots of flavor without a lot of work.
Whip one of these up and you’ll have a filling breakfast ready to take out the door (or to the table) in about five minutes!
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Five Minute Breakfast Burrito
- 2 large eggs,, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup baby spinach
- 1 Tablespoon salsa
- 1 high fiber wrap, (such as La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious Multigrain Wraps) or flour tortilla
- 2 Tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Coat a small skillet lightly with olive oil or cooking spray and set it over medium heat. When the pan is warm, add the eggs and spinach. Cook, stirring, until the eggs are soft but fully cooked and the spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in salsa. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Heat the wrap in the microwave for about 10 seconds until warm. Spread cheese evenly along the center of the warm tortilla and top with the egg mixture. Fold in the sides of the wrap and then roll up tightly from the bottom. Serve immediately.