These Baked Pita Chips are so quick and easy, and perfect for hearty dips!
Holla for homemade chips!
I’ve been eating waaaaay too many of my favorite chips lately (<– affiliate link), with salsa of course, because salsa is healthy and has like zero calories and that means the chips do too, riiiight??? It’s time for a healthy swap that’s just begging for a protein packed hummus.
These baked pita chips are so incredibly easy, and I like to think healthy. Sometimes I make them torn apart at the pocket so they get extra thin and crispy, but you can keep it simple by just brushing a pita with olive oil, cutting it into wedges, sprinkling with salt, and baking away!
There are a few ways to customize these baked pita chips:
- Instead of salt, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar for a sweet snack
- Sprinkle with dried oregano before baking
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese prior to baking
- Use to make Greek Nachos
- Dip in homemade hummus
- Mix olive oil with a bit of sriracha before brushing on the pitas
- Separate pitas at the pocket, doubling your chips and making them thinner and crispier. Keep an eye on them as they bake as they may not take as long so they don’t burn
Made as-is, these are only 3 ingredients and 15 minutes! You’re going to want to make these all the time, and you totally can because it’s so easy!
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
Baked Pita Chips
- 8 pita bread halves, I used multigrain pita bread
- Olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Brush both sides of pita lightly with olive oil. Cut pitas into triangles and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet (or two, if necessary). Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake pitas 12-15 minutes or until they are crisp and beginning to brown. Let rest a few minutes before enjoying.