Nothing tugs at my heart strings more than a single dude who has to cook for himself and therefore eats nothing but corn dogs and spaghetti every day. If you are that dude, please, come over to my house! I’ll make you meatloaf, a stromboli, a batch of chocolate chip cookies (plus a few to take home).
I just want to tell you, even if you don’t come over to my house, you don’t have to live this way! You can cook!
One of our single guy friends joined us for dinner recently and admitted that he never (never!) eats vegetables. The last time he tried broccoli he ended up dry heaving. Gross. He was willing to give this broccoli a try after my husband kept insisting that it was completely different. What a brave soul. And do you know what happened? He liked it! Well, maybe he just tolerated it, but he did ask for more. I don’t know if you’re grasping the enormity of the situation.
I guarantee you this broccoli is as easy to make as a frozen pizza. Yes, you need to own olive oil, broccoli, and a baking sheet, but really, that’s it! Turn the oven on, let it bake, then eat it up and quit killing yourself with trans fats. Seriously.
Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 3 small heads broccoli
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Trim the broccoli from the stem and cut into small florets.
- In a large bowl, place the olive oil, salt, and broccoli and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 15-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the edges of the broccoli are slightly brown and crispy. Serve immediately.