Oven roasted broccoli is the best way to enjoy broccoli! It gets crisp and caramelized in the oven for a salty and savory side dish.
Oven roasted broccoli is an absolute staple in our house.
I’m happy to inform you that even if you don’t really like broccoli, you might like broccoli that has been oven baked with juuuuust enough salt and olive oil to make it crispy and delicious.
How to make oven baked broccoli
Cut broccoli into bite size pieces. Toss with olive oil and salt, then spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Bake at 425ºF for 15-25 minutes or until crisp and golden on the edges. No need to stir!
What to serve with baked broccoli
Is roasted broccoli healthy?
Broccoli is a low calorie, wholesome food that is naturally rich in vitamins A, C, and K. Olive oil adds a little fat (although I would consider it a healthy fat), and salt adds some sodium. If these are a concern to you, you can cut back on the amounts.
Overall I would consider roasted broccoli a super healthy side dish, and definitely better than anything processed you might otherwise eat!
Can roasted vegetables be reheated?
You can microwave leftover baked broccoli, although it will be softer. To bring back it’s crispness, reheat in the oven at 450ºF for 4-5 minutes until hot and crisp.
Oven roasted broccoli can be customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Add a few cloves of crushed garlic to make roasted broccoli with garlic
- Toss with ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese before roasting for roasted broccoli with parmesan
- Squeeze a lemon wedge over the finished broccoli for bright, fresh flavor
- Sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes for spice
More vegetable side dishes
- Oven Roasted Rosemary Potatoes
- Oven Roasted Carrots with Thyme
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
Oven Roasted Broccoli
- 3 small heads broccoli
- 3-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Trim the broccoli from the stem and cut into small florets.
- In a large bowl, place the olive oil, salt, and broccoli and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Bake 15-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the edges of the broccoli are slightly brown and crispy. Serve immediately.