This Mojito Pitcher is a refreshing drink option for parties all year round!
I’m fully committed to providing you with drink options this summer.
I haven’t been drinking much alcohol in the past ten years because I’ve either been pregnant, nursing, or a lightweight (maybe that one still holds true). Now that I’m moving into a new season of life, I’m all about having a cocktail, especially if there’s a gathering involved!
I’ve already shared our go-to gin and tonic recipe, and I have a few other exciting drinks I’m working on in the weeks to come! Today, though, we’re making sure you’re prepared proper for a party.
We had a few people over last weekend, which rarely happens any more. It gave us a good excuse to clean the house (THAT was intense) and make a pitcher of mojitos to pass around.
What’s great about making a pitcher cocktail is that it can serve as the signature house drink, allowing whoever is hosting to tend to food, fun, and conversation. I chose to go big with the mojitos because they’re so refreshing and summery!
This cocktail is simple – limes, mint, and sugar get muddled together. Add rum and club soda and you’re done!
If you want to get a head start before the party, mix everything up except the club soda and chill until go time. I don’t like to let open club soda sit around too long ahead of time because it will loose some of its carbonation.
This mojito pitcher can be easily customized! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Muddle 1 cup of your favorite fresh berries in place of the limes
- Replace half the limes with 1 cup fresh chopped pineapple
- Skip the rum and add more soda water to taste for a mojito mocktail
If you make this recipe be sure to rate it, leave a comment, or tag #theliveinkitchen on Instagram!
- 5 limes, quartered
- 30-35 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup white rum
- 1 liter club soda
- In a large pitcher, muddle limes, mint, and sugar until very wet and sugar begins to dissolve.
- Add the rum and stir to fully dissolve sugar. Chill.
- When ready to serve, Add the club soda to the pitcher and pour into tall glasses filled with ice. Garnish with additional fresh mint leaves and lime wedges.