These are the best vegetarian recipes, organized by protein, with breakfast recipes included!
I don’t know what you and your friends are like, but the blogging world is on fire right now with intentions, goals, and dreams.
I’m thrilled with all that I accomplished last year and can’t wait to dig into this year’s goals, which include growing my business, improving my skills, and living a life I love. Yes, my actual goals are much more specific than that but I’m guessing you’re here for the FOOD!
I love that many of the people who read this blog are meat eaters. I haven’t shared a recipe using meat in years, but you still make my vegetarian recipes because you’re trying to eat less meat, are dipping your toes in the vegetarian waters, or are cooking for someone else who doesn’t eat meat.
One thing I try to do with my recipes is keep them pretty “normal”, rarely using any specialty items that might be hard to find. I also want them to be filling and nutritious because that’s the whole reason to eat, right?!
50 of the best vegetarian recipes
To kick off the new year I’m sharing with you 50 of my best vegetarian recipes, organized by protein. I’ve also isolated breakfast, because so many people don’t know what to make in the mornings. Many of these meals are accidentally vegan, meaning it’s just good food that happens to be plant based. If they’re not vegan, there are usually instructions within the post for adapting the recipe to a plant based diet.
If you’re looking to go totally meatless check out my post on how to transition to vegetarian, and be sure to sign up for my mailing list to receive 150 vegetarian dinner ideas as well as be notified when I post a new recipe!
Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes
- Healthy Peanut Butter Breakfast Bars
- Cashew Butter Granola Bars
- Vanilla Almond Vegan Baked Oatmeal
- Tropical Green Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Larabars
Vegetarian Meat Substitutes
- Pan Fried Peanut Tofu
- The Best Tofu Recipe
- Cajun Tofu
- Cajun Tofu Wraps
- The Best Crispy Tofu
- BBQ Tempeh Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- Vegetarian Chorizo Nachos with Lime Crema
- Vegan Tempeh Tacos
- Healthy Vegan Lettuce Wraps
- Vegan Tofu Bowl
Vegetarian Recipes Using Beans
- Crispy Baked Black Bean Tacos
- Campfire Nachos
- Stacked Veggie Enchiladas
- Orecchiette with Spinach and Butter Beans
- Broccoli, Bean, and Cheese Vegetarian Calzone
- Easy Minestrone Soup
- Vegetarian Chipotle Enchiladas with Butternut Squash and Black Beans
- Crispy Quinoa Bake
- Italian Quinoa Casserole
- Vegetarian Enchiladas with Poblano Cream Sauce
- Black Bean and Butternut Squash Vegetarian Quesadillas
- Vegan Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Spinach and White Beans
- Vegetarian Quinoa White Chili
- Easy Canned Butter Beans
- Pesto Linguine with Crispy Balsamic Chickpeas
Hearty Vegetarian Meals
- Sun Dried Tomato and Broccoli Unstuffed Shells
- High Protein Fresh Vegan Salad with Hummus
- Biscuit Topped Vegetarian Pot Pie
- Rainbow Feta Flatbread
- Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Roasted Sweet Potato Bulgur Bowl
- Oven Roasted Tomato and Pesto Panini
- Walnut Burgers
- Red Wine Tomato Soup with Fontina Grilled Cheese Dippers
- Jackfruit Tortilla Soup
- Vegetarian Lentil Meatloaf Muffins
- The Best Veggie Sandwich
- Spinach Pesto Pasta
- Butternut Squash and Kale Pizza
- Vegetarian Potato Skin Egg Boats
- Spinach and Artichoke Mac and Cheese
- Gloriously Healthy Green Salad with Sriracha Peanut Dressing
- Easy Eggplant Parmesan
- Quinoa Taco Salad
- Quinoa Stuffed Poblano Peppers
- Pesto Flatbread Pizza
I’ll be back with a special post on Monday, where I’ll be sharing a great recipe for those doing Veganuary!